Friday, March 27, 2009

U+Me

I think this little card turned out so cute!

I found this challenge on StampTV. If you haven't, finish looking over my blog and then go visit that place, it will rock your socks off! Anyhow, they have lots of challenges all organized neatly in the forum. It is really easy to navigate. This was a sketch challenge. They called it a CAS (clean and simple) sketch. I love that! Gives me some room to play a little bit, but since the very sketch is CAS, they're not expecting miracles... This card has 2 different shades of papertrey paper. (If I knew the names I'd tell you. I bought their variety pack and I'm not positive which paper is named which. -- Sunset... um could be pink or orange, or blue?) Anyhow, I chose a really dusky pink/purple, and a nice chocolatey brown to accent my little cupid. I stamped the two hollow hearts, and colored all of those with my copics. I had the cute little metallic hearts that hubby picked out for me, and the tiny little heart rhinestones to follow the lines accent the sentiment. I wasn't sure if they really meant hearts or that was just the suggestion to mean 'embellishment' but - I saw this and was looking through my stamps and saw lil mister cupid and poof. This came into my head.
I sewed the pink and brown cardstocks together using a zigzag stitch (two different sized ones) on my Janome Sew Mini (which I adore -- I just sang that out loud). Then I put faux stitches around the white border with my brown Creative Memories pen. The little alphabet stamps are from a TAC set (the + sign is actually two lowercase L's) and the lifetime of love stamp is from SeeD's.
enjoy!

3 comments:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Hi Diana,

If you'd like to join the Stamp Something challenge, just visit the blog and you add your entry to the post there. The website is:
http://stampchallenges.blogspot.com or you can click through from my blog. Thanks for your nice comments on my card! :)

Amy Leggate- Paper Romance said...

Your cards are really cute! I got the wide marker at the certification course~ I am going to use it for skylines~! Im sure there are plenty of things you could use it for though... maybe creating backgrounds...grass...
Talk soon!
Amy

Tracey said...

This is very cute Diana!! Love it!