Thursday, March 26, 2009

Melinda's ThankYou Kisses

There was some trial and error and only a couple curse words in the process of making this sweet card.
I got the gorgeous sketch from OCC.
It was a square sketch, but I just shrunk the sides a bit and made it a rectangle. I also wanted to participate in the Birthday Blog Bash at Paper Garden Projects - and they wanted a thank-you card. I bought this WOJ stamp because I thought she could be very versatile. Love (obviously) - but also it could work for get well cards, thank you cards, even missing you, thinking of you - more than just lovers blow kisses. (And seriously, how many lovers actually blow kisses? Not many past the age of what, 6!?) So I pulled out Melinda and got out my lovely homemade copic binder (which is featured on my blog a while back).
I cut the image and the mat with my Creative Memories cutting system. I also cut the sentiment and that mat with the CM cutting system too. I chose a dark blue bazzill cardstock to frame the gorgeous flowered paper from TAC, but used a lighter blue bazzill for the rest of the mats. I found a great yellow/orange cardstock in my drawer that matched the flowers. I roughed up one of the blue mats with my Heidi Swapp edge distresser, just to give the card some depth. I put the image and sentiment on pop-dots to add a little dimension. The cute cute ribbon was some leftovers that Lisa shared with me.
***And you probably already know this, but JUST IN CASE ;) when you want to tie a knot - or often even a bow on your creation -- attach a single straight piece of ribbon to your project on the back. Then tie the knot onto the ribbon with a second short piece. Same goes with a bow - or, if you know other ways to tie a nice bow, you can just tie your bow and stick it on the ribbon and it will be at whatever angle you glue it on instead of the angle it lands after you knot it. I hope that made sense.
enjoy!

2 comments:

Lisa T said...

Very pretty card! I recognized that ribbon right away. ;-)

Tracey said...

Great card Diana!! Love the colours!