Tuesday, September 18, 2012


DLN 1000+ Follower Giveaway!!!

Here it is, the DragonLadyNails 1000+ Follower Giveaway! Just my way of showing my appreciation to all my lovely readers! It will run from today 9/15 through 9/30. There will be two prizes for this giveaway!


Please go check her out!!!!!!

Friday, September 7, 2012


Hi everyone... I am sorry I haven't posted any more nail art posts. I have a bunch in draft form - I am just still scared and shy with it I guess. However, I've got a really important post today...

You have GOT GOT GOT to go check out this awesome giveaway on one of my favorite blogs of all time. http://www.spellbindingnails.com/2012/09/my-2000-give-away.html

She is having a KILLER giveway with three amazing unbelievable prizes. Please go check it out!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Early efforts with stamping plates!

Hi everyone!
Wow, it has been a REALLY long time since I posted anything on my blog. I thought my first post would be a few paint jobs I did right after I started nail stamping a few months ago. (I got my first little starter KONAD set at the end of March 2012.)

Anyhow! I did this little pedi on my 6 year old Chloe. The base color is just a black polish I picked up - I'm pretty sure the brand is actually Revlon. The plate I used is from one of the Red Angel sets, plate RA-101.

(Yes, Chloe fell off her bike and lost a big chunk of her big toenail. I thought about painting the 'skin' to mask the owie, but I got out-voted!)

Next was some fingernails for the little miss. This one was a pink that I had on hand (and I truly have no idea the brand or anything... it was one that the kids picked up for me at a flea market type thing.) The stamp is from Bundle Monster plate -- BM201.

Since I have acrylic nails - and typically do french tips - I wasn't sure how I'd feel about doing my own fingernails. My first attempt was a nice tip design. It was really hard for me for a couple reasons. First, I get the UV gel top coat at the salon. For whatever reason - the stamps will stick to the gel topcoat with no problem. However, when I went to put my clear topcoat for shine and protection on -- SMEAR CITY. The below picture was before they got all messed up and I had to start all over!

I'm going to stop here for today. There's lots and lots more to come. I've been busy playing nails for a few months, so I should have enough pictures to last a while for blogging :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010


Forgive me if these photos are kind of huge. I am not sure if I shrunk them down quite enough...

But - I really really wanted to show off some more of my fun digi-scrapping attempts. These are more pages for our Florida 2009 album. I got this free kit from... Shabby Princess! It is the Moody Blues collection. You can follow THIS LINK to get to Shabby Princess's download page. There are tons of awesome kits there. I have been scouring the net looking for lots of fun (FREE) digital scrapbooking kits, and this is one of the best and easiest sites to find them on. I might eventually spend some money for digital scrapbooking, but for right now, I'm finding enough free stuff to more than keep up with my slowly developing skills ... and to keep up with the small amounts of digital scrapbooking I do. I still enjoy paper scrapping enough to refuse to give it up.
Anyhow. I used the free program Scrapbook Flair to create this layout. (Google it, try it, it's pretty good for a free program!!)
I did find a couple things in the SF program that were a little frustrating for me, but I was able to work around the issues. First, I chose one of their offered templates for the first page. I had quite a few pictures I wanted to use, so I chose a layout that would accomodate that. The frustrating part - I wanted the 2nd page of the layout to mirror the first page -- unfortunately, you can't wiggle stuff *at all* when you use one of their templates. You can delete stuff from the template, but you can't move it any. I also couldn't find anything to flip the page to a mirror view. I ended up adding additional images over the top of the original to make sure they were the right size and shape, then moved them where I needed them. (The second problem - I think I already talked about it on another post, but it's the fact that it doesn't allow for rotating or flipping embellishments. Only resizing. I had to open the embie in a photo editing program and get it how I wanted it, resave it, then load it to the SF program and layout.)
I didn't use too many embellishments or other random goodies. I did add the ribbon embie for fun. Oh, another neato thing in the SF program - it allows you to add borders on images. You can choose from 1 to 100 pixels in width. You can also customize the color of the border to match your papers. I used a second paper from the collection as a mat on some of the photos, but not all of them.
Okay, I feel like I'm just rambling and blah blah blah - ing. I'm trying to get caught up with my scrapbooking (paper & digi) so that is probably all I'll be sharing with you for the next little while. (Unless I happen to find a really neat card challenge with a super prize that I just can't resist!)