Saturday, March 28, 2009

Love is in the Air

At least, according to this adorable House Mouse stamped card it is.


I found this sketch challenge on Jen's blog. I really liked the simplicity of the sketch - and it was also really cool that it had places where you could have fun and change it up a little, without veering too far from a nice clean sketch.

Every now and again, I find myself following a sketch and ending up with so many different papers or different colors or different layers that it just seems too contrived (or so tall that I start needing pop-dots in some places so that it stays even!).

*meekly climbing down from my soap box*

Details! The HM stamp "lovely confetti" was colored with my copic markers. I even put some of the clear glitter spica pen on the little hearts for shine - but it's hard to see that in the photo. The 2 pretty patterned papers are from TAC. The shiny purpley hearts are from colorbok (thanks hubby for picking those out). The purple cardstock I had in stock. The little flower is from Jolee's (hubby picked that up for me too). I inked everything with brown ink. I've been told (by hubby who thinks he's an expert on everything) that I ink too much. I still can't stop myself. I make a HUGE effort not to ink EVERY card I make... I just think it somehow - separates each piece distinctly YET it also brings it all together. I just can't explain myself.

enjoy!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Adorable card Diana!!