Friday, August 7, 2009
This card is another non-challenge-y card. Tomorrow I think I'm going to post Chloe's version of this card.
I used a pti brown for the background/base. Then I used a piece of bazzill in a tan/beige-y color. I put it through the cuttlebug with the swirls, then I used my brown ink for that. I took a shade of brown that was in between the light and dark browns and cut out a scalloped rectangle. I was going to use it to mat the image, but then I decided to use the negative and do a double mat in pink. The pink flowers are actually from the dollar bin at Michaels - they're like ribbon flowers. It is very cool. I trimmed them down to exactly the length I wanted then put them through the little Xyron. I wanted something between the image and the flowery border, but i didn't want a sideways sentiment. I decided to just trim off three individual flowers and then did a dewdrop. I colored lil miss anya with copics then added some stickles (cotton candy and iridescent) for the headband, hairtyes, purse, boots, etc.