Thursday, July 2, 2009

Summer Lovin'

Happened so fa-ahst. (I know you're addicted to my random singing.)


Anyhow... this card was inspired by 2 things. One, a MOJO sketch because girls - I need me some mojo. I've been having some hard days at work, and home has been just kind of bleh. I'm out of sorts and I haven't been as busy making stuff as usual... I am in a funk! So, I was glad to see another challenge that caught my eye -- a theme one -- SUMMER! I thought the colors were great for summer, plus, when I think of summer, I think of flowers (and veggies) blooming and growing and smelling all great. (Too bad I am afraid of the smelly cards............)

Ahem. Back to the point. Colored with copics, image from Whiff of Joy, papers from the lovely Making Memories, adorned with primas, ribbon (you know where I got it - the dollar bin at Michaels... 'duh' as Chloe would say), some dewdrops, and some nice fuzzy flowersoft.

Challenges - MOJO MONDAY (WEEK 93) and CUPCAKE CRAFT CHALLENGES (#46)

Enjoy your day. I'm just so glad that today is my last work day this week. I need the weekend.

7 comments:

Tracey said...

Oh my gosh, I am such a random singer too. Drives my hubby crazy!! LOL

Love your card! Such a cute image!

The Crafty Den said...

What a cute card. I love the image and the layout is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Liz said...

Its really lovely Liz xx

Lou Sims said...

Cute card Diana and love that image, which you have coloured beautifully.

Know what you mean about work & home life being blah at the moment . . can't wait for the holidays to start.

Take care,

Lou
x

Erin Smetak said...

Your card is SO cool! I love the flowersoft in the basket! Sorry you've been out of mojo! Hopefully this card will get you back on track!!!

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous card i love the colours and the image is perfect for summer...

Thanks for joining us at cupcake hugs Pops x

Kruemel said...

Beautiful card in happy summer colors!
Thanks for joining CCC this week!
Kathrin aka Kruemel