Monday, June 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Layout!

I wanted to finish scrapbooking all the pictures I had printed and all the layouts I'd powerscrapped before I started a new set, plus, I was TOTALLY inspired by some awesome scrapbook pages I saw on some of my friends' blogs that I had to work on this layout yesterday.



Cameron and Chloe are both March bdays (Cam:3/26/04 and Chloe:3/21/06) so until they start wanting parties with their friends and we can't combine them, we'll continue to combine :D
This was their actual "party" day with cakes and stuff. They'd already opened all their presents from Mamaw, us, and Grandma - so we decided to pick up a few little things (silly string, silly putty, hot wheels, and rockstar shades) for them to play with after their cake.
The layout is using papers from the DCWV "stack 6" and some cardstock from the stash. I also used a digi stamp (designed by SallyAnn Hancock - I can't for the life of me think of the name of her company) for the little birthday fairy; and a birthday stamp (I think it was seed's, but it could have been TAC, sorry I can't remember now and I'm not going back to look unless you make me).
I used some faux stitching on some of the mats, and I also added a homemade cardstock envelope to hold all the extra pictures that I just had to print for the page, but couldn't fit on there without the layout getting more crowded than it already was! I colored the little birthday fairy with copics, and also used iridescent stickles on her wings, cotton candy stickles on the cake, and gold stickles on the candle and the magic wand.
enjoy your monday (har-dee-har-har)

6 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh great pictures and layouts. Hugs Cindy xxoo

Lou Sims said...

Fab layouts Diane. Love the cool shades & definitely braver than me giving your kids "Silly string".

Sorry not been over for a while but caught up with other things & blogging has taken a little break (yep . . gulp) but see that you have been a really busy bee (as always).

Must do some scrapping but dont quite have the confidence. I suppose it wold help if I could choose a few photo's to scrap but I can never make up my mind: I just want to use them all!

Lou
x

JustNeedling said...

Lovely scrapbook layout! Fun looking pages!

Lorraine A said...

|Lovely scrapbook pages Diane :-) Lovely photos and the papers and embellies look fab !! :-)

BTW You won my froggy folder and images :-)if you can email me with your address I'll post them to you :-)
loraquilina@hotmail.com

Lorraine x x

Anonymous said...

Hey Diana, I have twins and I'm combining birthdays as long as I can! cute pages! Did you see that over 400 people entered the "showdown"? Holy cow! And no, I did not make the top 30, too bad for me;) did you end up submitting? I didn't see your name in the loooong list?

Risa said...

Both of your layouts are fabulous! The pictures of your children are beautiful!
hugs
Risa:)