Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Diecuts and Digi Stamps and Shimmerz, OH MY!

If you haven't seen The Wizard of Oz (a hundred or more times) that wouldn't make much sense to you ... you'd also think I was nuts if you heard me singing it as I type this...


Ahem. Let's get to the important stuff...
Challenge 1 is HERE on this blog - a sketch. Followed it almost to the 't' ... My sentiment si a little bigger as I wanted to use a die cut to help me try out for a design team (but more details on that later!).
Challenge 2 is HERE on this blog - use diamonds and gems and bling, oh my! Sorry. Nope, you didn't hear me singing THAT either... Also, you had to use a pollycraft image. I didn't use any actual rhinestones or anything, but I brought out the shimmerz and dressed this girl UP! I'm afraid my photo doesn't give it justice. One way and the shine was so bright that it almost made a glare and you couldn't see the color... too far turned and it was dull looking. Let me just tell you - in person this is wonderfully sparkly! Her clothes and ballon and hairtyes, oh my! (darn it, what is my problem?) are all shimmerzd out. I did her face and hair and the grass oh my! (arghhhhh) with my copics. The papers are from a gorgeous DejaVus stack that my friend LISA gave me. I also used some heart brads from my lovely friend LOU.
For my own spin, I inked everything messily. I love inking and it suited me today. I thought it also worked to give it that separation and distinction without bothering to have to double mat everything.
I think that's all the important parts (and hey, you should go rent the Wizard of Oz.)
~enjoy~

7 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Pretty, pretty!!!

Happy Crafter said...

Lovely card great image and papers love the inking too :)
Val xxx

Mary Giles said...

SUper cute. I can see slight shimmers. i bet it is really gorgeous IRL too.

Pop's Cards said...

Now that song is racing around my head and it does sound better with your words lol...

Fab card love what you have done here, the colours are great, thanks for joining us at pollycraft good luck hugs pops x x

Emma said...

Gorgeous card Diana...fab layout and colours.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft and good luck.
Emma x

Emma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...

Hi Diana,this card is lovely,pretty colours and a fab layout:)

thanks for joining us at pollycraft:)

Sue
xx