Sunday, May 31, 2009

Memories...

*ARE* very precious. I wanted to make another journal with some gorgeous FunkyFairy papers from the HOPE kit. (I made a few and turned them over to Shaz to use on the FF website... if/when she gets them loaded to the site I will be able to blog them here.)

The details on this adorable journal. First, I wanted to make it a little masculine (I've got a request from a previous customer for some manly type journals.) So, I went with the brown circly/dotty paper from the FF Hope kit. This paper also helped me with my first challenge! You can find the blog HERE, they wanted dots/circles/etc. and I figured this paper fit the bill!
The second challenge I liked was THIS one. It is really a copic marker challenge ... it was kind of hard since I wasn't using any images to color in. They challenged everyone to use R59 (cardinal red), YG63 (pea green), and C3 (cool gray). I found a ribbon that matched the R59, but I had to try for something close with the other two, so I chose YG67 and C1. I stamped the words (from a TAC set) using the C1 colored onto the sentiment. Then I used my YG67 and R59 to doodle a little bit on my squares. I also used a matching green cardstock behind the vellum quote, and the two dark red ribbons to match the red.
The last challenge I was after was on THIS blog. They had a sketch for us to use. I only changed it a little... I added an extra square (they only had 3 running down the side) because my journal was quite a bit longer than a regular card. Also, they had a circle-ish shape and I used a scalloped rectangle to "frame" my vellum quote.

I also put a charm on the bottom of the ribbon - to be used as a built in bookmark type thing. Put the whole thing through the bind-it-all and there it is! Oh, almost forgot, I also printed lines front and back on the cardstock I used inside. I trim the pages then I have a template saved in WORD with lines spaced nicely for handwriting.

Sorry this post is late again. The cleaning bug flew up my ... well you know where it went! Between yesterday afternoon and about 11am today, I seriously cleaned my whole house (except for my closet and the bathroom cabinet - might get to those later).

~enjoy~

12 comments:

Polkadoodles said...

Love this Diana it's lovely! thanks for joining in the Polka Doodles challenge!xx

Sally said...

Fabulous journal. Love it. Thank you for joining our challenge this week at Charisma Cardz.

Adele said...

Great interpretation of the Copic Colour Challenge and lovely work. Thank you for playing along.

love Dingle.xx

Saskia said...

Great journal!! Lovey work!!

Thanks for taking part at Polka Doodles!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Tip Top said...

I do like altered items and I'm liking this!! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodles Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Enfys said...

Live it Diana, I am a sucker for altered books and this one is fab.
Thanks for joining us at PolkaDoodles this week
hugs
En

Stressed Stamper said...

Love it Diana - Great card. Thanks for joining in the Copic Colour Challenge

Sarah

Elaine said...

Love this! Great play on the Copic Colour Challenge, thanks for playing along with us this week!

Vee said...

Great project and I love the sentiment.Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.

xx Vee

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful journal Diana...thanks for joining in the fun at Polka Doodles
Hugs Kath xxxx

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, what a wonderful work. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz Challenges.....

Hugs
Heike

Lou Sims said...

Ahhh Diana this is fab and love the colours you have used -definitely fits the manly bill. Many thanks for joining in with the Polka Doodles challenge this week and we look forward to seeing you again next week . . . I know very unsubtle hint!

Take care,

Lou
x