Sunday, May 24, 2009

I wanna be...

Just like MARY!!!!!!

This is a super fun CASE (copy and steal everything) card challenge. I found the challenge here, and the point was to make a card like Mary's and blog it. (I'm also going to use this card for my TGF DT submission.) I followed Mary's card pretty close. I used patterned papers from the Paper Studio, and cardstocks from my stash. I used an adorable Miss Anya stamp from TGF. I didn't think I could manage to do the super cute paper piecing to give her a new outfit, so I left her as is, and silhouette cut her out. I used primas for a big flower instead of the cute tv she had in the corner. I used some dew drops instead of brads too. I also decorated the inside a little, but it was pretty boring (just some patterned paper with white cardstock for a personal note) so I didn't photograph that part. I used a pop dot in the middle of the sentiment to give it the cool wavy look that Mary's had. Oh, and some lilac shimmerz for a little purple eyeshadow to match the cute purple outfit.

I think that's all the pertinent info. I love three day weekends when Sunday is the middle of it and not the end!

enjoy!

2 comments:

Lou Sims said...

Fab, bright and definitely funky card Diana. Love the "eyeshadow" touch you added.

Hope all is well?

Lou
x

Mary Giles said...

Fabulous job Diana! I love all the bright colors and you colored so perfectly to match the DPs. Good luck in the DT pursuit. Hugs.