Wednesday, March 11, 2009

MFT Idol!

Talk about coooooooooool. My Favorite Things is holding a really cool contest. You can read all about it here on SplitCoastStampers. They will announce all the finalists TODAY. I'm so very nervous and hopeful!
Essentially, everyone is making a card (or something) and posting it on the SCS gallery. Then the judges (a team of folks from MFT) will select the top 10 entries. All 10 people will make something each week - or whenever the MFT folks tell them to - and post their creations on the SCS website. Then voting begins! (I am not sure if that is a viewer vote, or if it is a judge vote.) Those with the most votes move on to the next round until the ultimate MFT idol is discovered - and is the proud recipient of $250!!!!

Whew. Here is what I submitted!
I took three different photos to try to showcase the card well. The first photo is a straight-on so you can see the card. The second photo is at an angle so that you can see the dimensions and details. The third photo is the inside of the card (so that the sentiment on there makes some sense!).


DEEEETS:

The pink and patterned papers are from the Paper Studio. I have a couple of their slab/stacks. I really love their designs. Easy to use without being too pretentious.

The flowers are from imaginisce, and I put a little pink ink from my copics (rv21) to give them a little more oomph. The brads are leftovers from an old sei kit I had.

I actually used three different sets of this image. The first, I colored with copics (rv21, eoo, rv23). The second I cut out a the little faces on the bunny slippers, the pockets, the cuffs, and the lapels of the robe. The third image, I cut out another set of the entire slippers.
I used my Zig roller pen liquid glue to put a puddle on each of these cut outs (only on the full slipper cut-out, no glue on the little bunny faces). I filled the puddles with flock, and adhered all the flocked layers with pop dots. The bunny slippers became very 3-D and so cute. I love how the flock turned out on this one!

I was trying to think of a sentiment for this card. Since I'd gone pink with the robe, the papers, the flowers, the ribbon... it had to be a girly card. I didn't want it to be a get well card, and I've got mother's day on the brain (probably because my kids were making a "mud bath" for the little froggy they caught - and I wanted an award for not yelling). So... I was thinking, have mother's day your way - since the lady is in her robe. She shouldn't have to shower or shave or dress or anything else she doesn't want to on Mother's Day. Then I started giggling when I thought of McDonald's and how they want you to have it your way.

Badabing, badaboom... Have a McDonald's Mother's day... Have it YOUR way! was born. I often try to make funny cards. My ENTIRE family prefers funny cards. So... I try really hard to think of funny stuff (that's why I use my printer for a lot of sayings - and why MFT's twisted sentiments are on my wishlist!).
When Reynold (the hubby) first picked the card up, he looked at me like I was completely off my rocker, "A McDonald's Mother's Day?" then he opened the card and chuckled. I guess that was his seal of approval on my attempt at humor!
Anyhow, that's it. I hope you enjoy!


















No comments: