Saturday, March 21, 2009

love love love

I was looking at the challenges I wanted to compete in and I saw 2 sketches that I liked, but I didn't have anything on hand (or coming quickly to mind) that would work. So, I kind of combined and abused (ahem, I mean altered) them both and also added in a third challenge that required - NO PATTERNED PAPER. This is the card that resulted!!




The first challenge is here. (card positioning systems)


The second challenge is here. (high hopes stamps)


The third challenge is here. (caardvarks)

The dark brown is actually a band that goes all the way around the card, which is a trifold (only off center trifold). If you are interested in the measurements for the pieces and where to score them - please leave a comment or send me an email! I edged the white cardstock of the main card with my fluid chalk (chesnut roan) from Colorbox. I thought that would help to outline how and where the card is folded.

I then used some cat-eye colorbox fluid chalk in pink and reds to stamp all the different little hearts around (hehe, made my own patterned paper). I also used a little border stamp I bought at a CK Convention a couple years ago that repeats "love" ...

I also ran the red cardstock thru the cuttlebug with the hearts embossing folder. I distressed the edges of the light brown and red cardstock with the heidi swapp edge distresser (love that thing!).

Hmmm... I think that's most of the important details. I think it turned out pretty cute. Simple too, just the way I like it ;)

enjoy!

5 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Fun heart background ... very cute card.

Linda Beeson said...

Your card is so sweet! Great use of that CPS sketch.

lauren bergold said...

ooooooooooh! this is just *TOO CUUUUUTE*! really adorable & so fun!

Unknown said...

So sweet and adorable!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Very interesting combination of challenges. Wonderful job with the sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.