Sunday, March 22, 2009

Feelin' more love

Well, considering the mood I've been in the last few days, I'm not really sure why the last two cards I've made are both lovey! Maybe I'm yearning for the happy lovey stuff? ;)

Anyhow, here's my newest card.

This is for the House Mouse challenge #29. It was a sketch challenge.
I liked this sketch, but I wanted to change it some... I put in the flowers instead of the large circles. My main image was kind of big, so it didn't need THAT much of an accent. Also, the big strip of paper that was to go down the left side... I really like the beautiful black & white roses patterned paper and I didn't want to cover it up so much, so I went with a line of sheer black ribbon. I used that lovely edge distresser again - I think it just separates the lines nicely.
The rose paper came in a big DCWV slab, the red paper is a bazzill, the green paper came out of a paper studio pack - it took me a lot of searching to find *JUST* the right shade of green to match the little prima flowers. (Why is green so hard? I have a bunch of green cardstock and it always seems like I'm searching for the perfect green - and almost never find it.) The little brad is one of the icing doodlebug designs ones.
Oh, and I thought I'd dress up the picture a little with some snippets of black and white ribbons. (They were ones I considered for the card but I decided the patterns were too busy and covered up my pretty paper too much.)

2 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

This is great, love how you changed the circles to flower petals.

Lisa T said...

I agree! Green is such a weird color. I have a bunch of it, yet I never have the *right* green. What's up with that?!