Friday, March 6, 2009

High Hopes Challenge #20 - Get FUZZY

Get fuzzy! Baby, did I ever. Got a wee-tad sparkly too.

Let me just inform you, taking pictures that showcase flock and "holographic" heat embossing, and glitter all at the same time - near to impossible, at least for me.

Here are the gorgeous stamps.

Here is the informative, entertaining, and just plain good readin' blog.

Here is the link for this specific challenge

Here are a couple pictures of the complete card (the best photos I can manage without the lightbox I'm trying to acquire/create).

Here are a few pictures where I'm trying to show you the flock, the sparkle from embossing, the glitter, etc.


The details:

The background pink sparkly paper and the glittery circles are from DCWV 'All that Glitters' stack. (The circles were part of a design, I just wanted the sparkly circles - why get out my glitter when I don't really need to?) The pink, green, and blue cardstock are from PaperTrey. The yellow fiber came from a fiber swap about 2 years ago. The image is from HH of course. The sentiment is TAC. The flock is from Stampendous, and the embossing powder is Ranger.

I put down some glue (I made a nice puddle with my liquid Zig roller pen glue) and put the yellow flock on the dress and the hairbow. Then I made another puddle for the heart on her bootie for the white flock. Then I used a versamark pen to color in the bubbles, and used holographic embossing powder and heat embossed it for sparkle and shine. I hand cut the sparkly circles out of the patterned paper. I think that's all the details that you probably need :D

2 comments:

Maria said...

Great card! Love your use of the fibers and the glittery circles. Hugs, Maria

Lisa T said...

Very cute! I love all the glittery bubbles.