Thursday, March 5, 2009

CASE Challenge

Splendid Stamping with the Greeting Farm has an awesome blog. It is part of TGF - which has killer stamps! One of my best friends (Lisa) told me that there was a challenge up on it that I hadn't seen yet. This challenge had a beautiful card. The whole point was to CASE (Copy And Steal Everything) the card and then upload your version of the card into their gallery. The album within the gallery for this challenge is located here.



I did this challenge on Sunday right after Lisa told me about it, since it was due the same day. I thought it was high time to go ahead and blog about it. I think it turned out pretty good overall.

Here is the original by Kristine:
And here is my version:

Her background paper had some swirls and stripes. I didn't have much on hand that had both, and I liked the colors on this paper in the DCWV luxury stack. I also put stamped a couple extra flourishes in the top corners. I chose a mottled green for the box in the middle, and put some rub-ons to emulate the leaves and such that were in the original. I chose a ribbon and a ribbon slide... put a little rub on in the top corner of the image ... Oh, it is me after all, I inked the edges of everything. Ian colored with copics. And the inside of the card says, "For you."

No comments: