Friday, February 27, 2009

Copics Color Challenge #2

ALERT!!!!! Exciting news - check my announcements!

I participated in the second Copics Color Challenge. In this, the the amazingly talented design team type folks pick 3 copic colors. Then you use those colors (if you have them - or get as close as you can) to decorate... something. I love how easygoing it is! You can make a card or a scrapbook page or a present for a kiddo's teacher.

For this challenge, the colors were B02, R05, YG23. I did not have B02, but I do have B00 and B05... so I blended the two together to color in parts of my little teacup (The Greeting Farm set). I had the R05 and I thought Salmon would make nice little flowers. I've got black thumbs so I have no idea what kind of flowers these might be, or what color they might be in nature, but they seem bright and happy to me! The last color was YG23, another on my 'not yet' list. According to the color chart online, it looked like a quite yellowish green. So, I used YG06 and Y02 mixed together to try to get the right shade.

I had a tiny smudge on the stamped image, so I decided to silouhette (sp?) it. I printed the sentiment on my printer because I didn't have a stamp that said that! I inked the edge of the card and the edge of the sentiment with "coral" fluid chalk by Colorbox. I cut out the scalloped circle with a Nestabilities, then decided I liked it better as a frame than as a mat. Then I trimmed up a blue cardstock mat for the frame. I pop-dotted the cup of flowers. Oh, and the "salmon"ish bazzill I used a border embossing folder with my cuttlebug and I used an emory board to file down the raised bits for effect.

It's a very simple card, but I think that is often what makes them special :D I was also a little leery of the color choices being far out of my normal color palette. (DOH!) That's what makes it a challenge! LOL! I hope you like it.

No comments: