Friday, July 17, 2009

Stampavie DT

I looooooooooooooooooove. Stampavie stamps, but sadly, I only have a few. This is probably my favorite, and only partially because my little girl's name is Chloe and this stamp is called "Chloe's first kiss."


I saw the mojo sketch this week and I really can't remember all of it, but I liked the three skinny panels in the back - so I stole them for this card. I cut the image with a nestie and since I had to use the largest one and couldn't mat it easily, I used some shimmery BLINGZ to coat the little debossed edge to give it a faux mat. I matted the Creative Memories papers with the black from paper trey. I used primas, dewdrops, and a button that I tied off with shiny silver string. I colored with copics. And because I didn't want the sentiment to stand out too much, it just went right on the background instead of being offset on white or anything else.

This is my attempt to be a DT for stampavie. I probably don't have a snowbally chance, but I HAD HAD to try. Go check out the details on the call HERE.

Wish me luck and enjoy your weekend. I will be at my folks' to celebrate my birthday this weekend, so I probably won't post again until Monday. (We've had company this week so I didn't have time to work ahead and schedule posts.)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Diana,
This is beautiful!! I love it! :)

Mary Giles said...

How cute! Good luck on the Stampavie DT tryout. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Carolyn King said...

so precious...i havent seen this one before but LOVE it...what a cute image.

Good luck on the dt!!! rootin for ya!

Seafood Recipes said...

Thanks great blog post