Sunday, May 17, 2009

Birthday Wishes

I *LOVE* the Penny Black stamps!

I saw this challenge - Black, white, plus 1 other color and thought of this little guy! I also wasn't sure if the skin color on the little guy counted as my plus 1, but I figured it was better to err on the side of caution and didn't add any additional colors.
I was also inspired by this challenge, a card for a man or a boy. It is kind of hard to make masculine cards - they just don't usually appreciate them as much, and let's face it, there aren't a whole lot of boy images out there that just grab you like so many others. And hey, men are like animals, right?
The last challenge that hit me was this one. It was a sketch, but I kind of went to town. The sketch was very simple - just a line through the middle with a couple circles in the bottom right corner. So, I added my image to the middle and used a ribbon for the line, then tied the knot and left it hanging to get some circles in the corner. It did inspire the card... teeheehee.

enjoy (your Sunday because it's back to the grind tomorrow)

6 comments:

Danni said...

What a neat card! Fun to see the black and white!

Lana Clarke said...

Such a cute card Diana
Hugs
Lana x

Lou Sims said...

Cute Diana - I love this hedgey images from PB. Love the monocrome theme as well - something I am not good at !

Hope you had a great weekend,

Lou
x

Michele Spera said...

Hi Diana
I like this card, clean and simple:-) Its hard to use black tones but you did a really nice job, and I love the hedgy image.
I guess I better get cracking on a manly card for hubby for Fathers Day, Yikes!
XMicheleX

Randee E said...

Awww! So sweet. Love black and white. Nice twist with the funky ribbon! Great card.

Mary Giles said...

How sweet! You have been busy girl! I'm now following your blog so I don't miss any more posts. Hugs.