Monday, April 20, 2009

Poppin' Good Birthday

Are House-Mouse stamps the cutest, or what? I thought this stamp was tooo cute and couldn't resist.


Two challenges inspired this card...

House Mouse #32 - Something Sweet - here

Challenge #55 - Cute Card Thursday (theme:pink and brown) - here

Could this card have been any easier? I really dig this little paper pack from Basic Grey, and Pink and Brown - is probably my favorite color combo. Although... I use *A LOT* of brown. I mean, you know you have a problem when your friends point out brown buttons, brown dew drops, brown anything. It's like paisleys. People point those out to me too. I had decided it would be UTTERLY silly to EVER buy the paisley nestabilities set... but when Lisa pointed it out for HALF PRICE - how could I ignore that? I mean dude, it is PAISLEY. It is Nestabilities. It is HALF OFF. No sane normal human could walk past that deal.

Okay, sorry, back to the card! I thought the zig zags were super cute and trimmed around a few rows of it. The background paper was another one in the BG pack. Just adorable and distressed and funky (not quite tye-dye) and a great match - and pink and brown.

I stickled up the cake.... used some copic spica on the spoon and cake platter.

Recipe: Basic Grey papers, stickles, copics & spicas, photo corners from cut out pieces in the zigzags...

that is all. enjoy.

3 comments:

Danni said...

So cute! Love the sparkly cake!

Crissy Armstrong said...

Awww, SO CUTE! I love it!

Michele Spera said...

Oh what a cute card, but then again I love house mouse!! the stickles are a nice effect on the cake!! and the BG paper is perfect.
Nice card:-)
michele spera