Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A challenge combination!



FUN FUN FUN!!! I love participating in challenges, but my family was beginning to forget me... so I decided I'd try to combine challenges when I could. I thought these two challenges would combine rather well. One is a sketch challenge, the other is a "wacky fold" challenge.

MojoMonday is here.

Wacky wednesday is here.

I decided to make the background paper the back of the card - leaving no traditional "inside" for the card at all. The flocked layer, and the glittery layer, AND the image layer -- all of them fold up and reveal a spot to write and a little sentiment.



The papers are from "me and my big ideas" and they are gorgeous! Some are flocked, some are glittery, some have foil, and some are embossed. I chose the gray papers so that the purple glittery page and the purlple mat would really stand out.


The cute little girl is from Pink Cat Studios which can be found here.


The way I created these folds -- the circle was easy. I just folded a piece of paper in half and when I cut the circle with my Creative Memories cutting system, I just put the fold INSIDE the circle so that I'd cut two connected circles. Then the nestabilities cut purple cardstock was adhered to the front.


The other two folds weren't very hard either. I cut the fancy paper 1/2 an inch "taller" than I wanted it. Then I scored that half inch on my scor pal. I cut a piece of plain white cardstock the size of the paper and glued it to the 1/2 inch fold. Then glued the whole thing down - leaving the top parts with much less glue so the whole card wouldn't bend as you pick up the folds to see the messages inside. I used the little sayings that came with the Lily & Billy sweethearts set that sound like what you'd find on valentine's conversation hearts. "Hug me, be mine, luv you" - with one for each fold.


I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed making it!

No comments: