Sunday, March 15, 2009

2 Sketches 4 You


This awesome challenge blog can be found here.

This particular challenge can be found here.

This is the first sketch. I guess they give you the main sketch to follow, then they give you a bonus sketch. I probably didn't read too closely, but I don't *think* you have to do both. I did :)

My first card:
The papers are from "all dressed up" DCWV paper pack. I think these papers are really cute and rich. I distressed the edges with my new heidi swapp edge distresser - which I adore.

Then I inked the edges with a pink colorbox fluid chalk ink pad. Honestly, I'm drawing a total blank on the stamp. I know it was a digital stamp that Lisa purchased and gave me some copies... If I think of it, I will edit this post and add that in here. I colored her with my copics. I used a DCWV pre-adhesive ribbon along the bottom there. The circle was cut out with CM cutting system (the cool glittery design off one of the papers in the pack). Then the circle got distressed and inked too. I added the three little sparlklers in accordance with the sketch, and because hey, who doesn't love a little bling? The warmest wishes stamp came out of a TAC set.

Next is the "bonus" sketch. I'm hoping that me doing an additional card for this sketch will possibly help me to win this challenge ;)
I started off with white cardstock for the long fold. I meant to leave a border of white around the blue cardstock to follow the sketch, but I kind of forgot and glued it down. So, I decided to make that last outside border with some ink. Inking edges... I just can't stop myself!

The image is from Stamping Bella. This is PMSabella. She was cut out using Nestabilities and the cuttlebug. All the papers are from the paper studio's 'pink armadillo' stack.
I love the "yadda yadda" stamp. It's just something I say, along with "blah blah" and when you're not quite sure what sentiment you want on a card, I think this is appropriate. When the card is actually getting mailed - whatever the sender writes on the inside will illuminate the 'yadda yadda' for their purpose.
Also, I don't have the threading water punch, and I only have nesties scallops, or the old school decorative scissors. So, I decided to use the scallops on my sentiment box, and just put a pretty little fiber along the bottom instead of following the sketch exactly.

All in all, I thought they turned out nice.
Enjoy!!!!

No comments: