Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Greeting Farm Design Team Challenge!

*Spoiler* I was not chosen for this design team...

The Greeting Farm has some really awesome stamps. And these wonderful people are looking for a new design team member. I hope to be so lucky! They have a cool setup for their design team. They have "Farmers" and "Gardeners" - the farmers are the more experienced folk, with the gardeners (often) more "newbie" like I am. I think it is an awesome way to bring in new perspective and people to their group and gives them lots of versatility.

Their requirements: three card samples and your reason to be a gardener.

My First Card:

TGF stamp
DCWV "All That Glitters"
Colorbox Fluid Chalk - Chesnut Roan
Palette Noir Black/ White TAC cardstock
Zig Rollerball Pen Glue
OTC Button Brads
Glitter Flowers (Walmart)
Flower Ribbon - Michael's
Copics: C1, R32, Y21, V91, YG11, B32, E53, V000



Notes: I cut out the window for the image with my Creative Memories cutting system. The glitter flowers are fun! It comes like a rubon, stuck between two pieces of plastic. You peel off one side and stick it to your paper, then peel off the other side and sprinkle glitter on top. It's a lot less mess than some other techniques I've tried with glitter.

Card Two:

TGF Stamp
PaperTrey (pink and green)
Colorbox Fluid Chalk - Creamy Brown
Brown Ribbon - Michael's
Flowers & Letters - a kit that a friend gave me (I don't have the box it came in so I don't know the brand)
Zig roller pen glue
Copics: C1, RV21, RV23, V000, G21, YG11, E31, E33, E71


Notes: The scalloped circles are nestabilities, I used the hearts embossing folder for the large pink mat. The flourish on the side was diecut with the cuttlebug. The bow I tied using the fork method.



Card Three:

TGF Stamps
Papers- Friends (Me & My Big Ideas), Greenish, stripes (PaperStudio), blue cardstock
Doodlebug Brads (brown with 'icing')
Imaginisce Flowers
Colorbox fluid chalk ink - Chesnut Roan
Zig roller ball pen glue
Glue dots
Copics: B23, B32, RV02, RV04, RV21, G21, C1, E31, E33, E71

Notes: I trimmed the pink "friends" paper, put the blue cardstock thru the cuttlebug with a nestie for the mat, and with a diecut for the 'arrow' (it's supposed to be a corner). I patted the blue cardstock and the friends piece with my ink pad to soften them up a bit. I only inked the edges of the striped paper though. The flowers were all originally white, so I used my copic markers to color the pink and blue flowers (to match the scarves on the little mice). The flowers are attached with more of the little brads (well, to be completely truthful, the brads are opened on the back of the flowers and I used glue dots to attach them to the card - I just really don't like to have the backs of brads or eyelets visible on the inside of my cards). And of course, the image was colored in with my copic markers.

Now - if you wanted to see my cards and how I made them, you should stop here. If you're curious what I am going to say to the Greeting Farm people to convince them to let me be a part of their esteemed group... keep reading. (By the way, the stuff below - please don't CASE!)

Hmm... a nice orderly list? A funny paragraph full of run-ons and pleas? How about a unique and just -Diana- combination of the two!

1. I'm a FRESH NEW FACE! LOL. The way I see it, I've been in the scrapbooking and crafting world for a couple years. I've started to develop my own 'style' -- but I'm still learning and growing and changing. Being part of TGF design team would help me to expand and refine my abilities as a stamper (scrapbooker, and crafter).

2. I think it is important to be flexible and versatile. I try to make interesting (and often funny) cards that are useful. I also like to create other projects such as scrapbooks, journals,altered items, etc. I have two kids and a husband and I love to make stuff for them. I have participated in a few craft shows even -selling some of the stuff I've created. And of course, I LOVE to make gifts for people. One of the things I already make an effort to do is diversify. I like using supplies in as many ways as I can. I like to get as much use out of my supplies as I can.

4. Another part of me and my style - I am NOT perfect (and I'm not afraid to admit it!). I have little'boo-boos' here and there and I like finding creative and wonderful ways to make mistakes into surprises and fun design elements. This is one reason I love inking and distressing. I think they're wonderful techniques for newbies and klutzes (like me) to help hide a multitude of 'sins.' Also, things like adding embies to cover smudges or botched trimming. It makes for less waste if you don't toss every mistake.

5. I am in LOVE with your stamps. You know how great these are! How could I be anything but inspired by them?

6. I really like to show off my creations, but I am a little scared todo it... this will make it my job !!

7. My blog is new, but I started scrapbooking in 2006 - with cardmaking and other crafts quickly following. I don't have any past or current design team experience, but I make an effort to create something each and every day. (I just haven't tried the blogging part until very recently.)

Please choose me!


1 comment:

Lisa T said...

I love your cards! They are so cute. I especially like the two mice ones. A) because I love pink and brown and B) because I think those darn mice are just TOO cute! :)